We have passionate and experienced teachers who fuel students’ motivation to learn and achieve, and we set exceptionally high standards. Dilworth punches well above its weight academically with consistently high pass-rates in NCEA, and also enjoys amazing success in sports, music and cultural pursuits.
For generations of young New Zealand men, Dilworth School has provided an excellent, all-round, fully funded, modern, boarding school education in a Christian environment. This wrap-around care, 24-hours a day, is vital to the boys’ success and welfare, representing a significant focus for our staff and resourcing.
We have a maximum roll of 640 across three campuses – Junior (Years 5 to 8) and Senior (Years 10 to 13) in Auckland, and Rural (Year 9) in Mangatawhiri.
Firmiter et Fideliter (strength and steadfastness).
Our school motto reflects the transformation of our boys into fine young men who leave our gates as strong, steadfast, independent learners, equipped for life in a challenging, fast-changing, technological age.
- Valuing Tradition – We have a strong respect for tradition, and a sense of belonging and pride in the heritage and culture of the Dilworth legacy.
- Building Community – We build a strong and supportive community, which fosters brotherhood, connectedness, diversity and respect.
- Developing Resilience – We develop perseverance, independence and emotional strength within students, to help them cope with the ebb and flow of life.
- Providing Opportunity – We are grateful for the opportunity to be part of a community that empowers students and staff to reach their full potential.
- Christian Faith – We apply Christian principles to guide our behaviours and decisions.